Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sydney Ear Check-Up


Sydney had to have tubes in her ears the first of the year. Wednesday we went for a check up to see how they were doing. I informed him that her right ear had drained a few weeks ago and then he looked into her ears. She was very good for this part and just set in my lap and colored. After he examined her, he informed me that her left tube was out and the right one was plugged which was probably due to the drainage. He said he really wanted to try to unplug the right one so at least one would be good for the winter months ahead. We had to go to another room to do this procedure which unfortunately we had been in before when she decided to stick something up her nose about 9 months ago. Oh boy did she remember this room.... she started crying and saying, "I don't want in that chair." It took 3 of us to hold her down which was an improvement because with the nose thing it took 6. She of course screamed the entire time and unfortunately for no good reason. He was unable to get the plug out because the tube started moving and he didn't want it to come out too. So now we pray she has out grown ear infections and doesn't get any this winter or we will have to replace the tubes. Both her uncles had to have tubes more than once and they were both older than her the last time they got them so I'm not very optimistic that we won't have to have them again. I rewarded her for being good because she was good for the first part and I would have probably cried too with someone sticking something in my ear. She picked out a Dora movie as her reward. She said something funny the other day when I was telling her daddy something bad she had done that day. She said, "I'm not going to worry with this." The words fit here as well. I'm not going to worry, it is what it is and if she has to have tubes, she will get tubes.

No comments: