Monday, July 6, 2009

Camping At Parker Creek '09

























The girls enjoyed camping at Parker Creek. We missed camping last year because we were a little busy with the twins.... LOL
We all ended up getting strep the week we camped but we managed to fit in a little fun in between all the sickness.
Halle and Syd love jumping off the barge. Halle jumps from the top but Syd hasn't gotten brave enough for this yet. While I was sick one day, Jeffrey took them out and he decided it was a good idea to let Halle jump without her lifejacket. The next day she had to show me that she could do it... It about gave me a heart attack! Since everyone has given him such grief about it that he doesn't let her do it anymore!!
Syd likes to drive the barge and honk the horn at everyone. She also loves to ride her bike. Uncle Brandon was up one evening and he rode Halle's bike with her. She thought that was funny. I warned him that the pic was going on the blog too.... :)
The baby girls loved the barge. It is perfect for them because they can crawl around and play. They loved the water and swimming as well. They did so well all week but they went home with Nana and Papaw when they got back from their vacation for the last couple of days of our camping trip. It was so hot and they didn't enjoy it quite as much as Halle and Syd. They were much happier at home with Nana!
Parker Creek is close to my mom's cabin so we were able to take showers at her house. I enjoy camping but I'm not in to community showers! LOL She also kept up with our washing while we were there. When I got home , I had no dirty laundry!!
We are already planning another camping trip this weekend at Jefferson Ridge. Most of you know that this is close to my house so I'll be showering at home! :) The only down side is that I will have to do my own laundry.... :)



No comments: