Saturday, May 8, 2010

Softball Meets Mouth


The other night Syd was playing catch with one of her great-aunts and the ball took a bad bounce and met with her mouth instead of the glove! She cried for a few minutes until I went to get her a popsickle and then she was all better....
Of course the first thing I did was to check to make sure her teeth were all nice and tight!! Once I knew all was fine with her teeth I didn't think much more about it. The next afternoon her lip was still swollen and I caught a glimpse inside. I told her to come let me see so I lifted her lip to find this..... Oh my... She couldn't stop looking at it! LOL After I assurred her that it was not blood but just a bruise she was better! It looks better today but still swollen.
Halle now owns a facemask to wear in the field and we are sticking with soft softballs for Syd so hopefully no more accidents like this!

No comments: