Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tornado Warning!!!


Thankfully I did not take this photo.... I have seen one tornado in my lifetime and that was one too many!!! Not sure exactly where in town this photo was taken but is suppose to be the tornado that hit Dierks.... Scary sight!!

Chicken house in the path of the tornado


Laundry mat in town destroyed.... This pic shows how lucky the town was.... For those of you who don't know this building is right on main street.... houses all around and fortunately this is what the tornado destroyed!!! Yes trees are down and some shingles are missing but this is truly the Hand of God protecting our little town!!!!
Some storage buildings were also destroyed but my pic wasn't very good... It lifted the buildings up and threw them up against some other storage buildings. What was strange was that the stuff that was inside the destroyed buildings was still sitting in same spot untouched.... very strange to see!

And yes this is what we were doing when the storm hit..... We were actually in Dequeen. We were playing, no lightning, no rain, no real wind to speak of, thunder off in the distance, and the next thing we know tornado sirens were going off!!! Now let me tell you on a softball field with several 8 and Under softball girls is not where you want to be when sirens are going off!!! I started yelling at Jeffrey because obviously he was really into the game and couldn't hear the sirens to get the girls off the field! Well when poor Syd heard me say tornado sirens she FREAKED OUT!!! Poor baby is still afraid ever since the tornado got close to our house last year!! I consoled her as best I could as I rounded up Carlee and Kalee, got Halle and Jeffrey off the field with most of our stuff. At that point I wasn't too concerned with chairs or Halle's equipment!! Thankfully there was a building close by where most of us huddled until the storm passed! It was a long 45 minutes or so waiting trying to comfort my kids and other little girls who were all crying along with mine!! Once the storm passed Dequeen we still couldn't head home because the storm was headed for Dierks. We stopped to get the girls something to eat to pass time.
It was a long night to say the least.... Another storm was forming once we got home so we ended up in our safe room with my dad and B before the night was over. Once the storms passed I finally convinced Halle it was over and she went to sleep on the couch beside me. Sydney finally went to sleep clinging to my arm in our bed around 11:30. She kept saying, Are you sure it is gone?" Poor thing.... Carlee and Kalee could sense something was wrong too but they feel asleep pretty quick!!
Someone please tell me spring is almost over!! :)

No comments: