Sunday, May 24, 2009

Beginning Of Summer












Halle and Syd enjoyed swimming yesterday at Kim's pool. The water is still too cold for me and the babies. Jeffrey got in for a little bit but he did say that he was getting too old for swimming when it was that cold! :)
Halle picked up from where she left off last summer. I did make her get in the shallow end for a minute so she could show me that she could still swim before she jumped off the diving board. She wasn't too thrilled about it but she showed me she still had it and then took off. For a little thing, she sure can make a big splash with her canning balls. She also turned a few flips off the board which scares me every time....
Syd loves the water as well. She jumped right in and took off. The life jacket she is wearing is the best life jacket I have ever seen. Papa Rick bought them last year and it still fits great. Halle has one that she wears in the boat. They fit great and don't ride up around their necks or bottoms. She loves it and she is getting good at kicking and swimming. We may try to teach her how to swim without it this summer.
The babies were passed around so much that they were happy to take a nap in their stroller. When it warms up a bit we will see if they are as fond of the water as Halle and Syd are. I'm looking forward to a great summer!!



No comments: