Friday, January 1, 2010

Loss

On Monday my pappaw passed away at the age of 83. We were very fortunate to have been able to spend the day on his birthday with him on Christmas Eve. He loved his family and anyone that would listen to him he would tell them just how much he loved his grandchildren and great grandchildren. I will always cherish my many fond memories I have of him as a child growing up and wanting to spend as many nights as possible with mammaw and him. I could never understand why my parents would make me go home.
He loved my girls so much and I don't believe he missed many softball games that Halle played the past 2 years. My sweet Syd is named after him. He told me when she was first born that he couldn't remember Sydney but he would never forget her middle name Reese. Carlee and Kalee will not remember pappaw but he sure loved them too. Christmas Eve they couldn't give him high fives enough. He thought this was great and commented on how they just blistered his hand because they hit his hand so hard!! ;)
My family and I are thankful for all your prayers.
Reese D Manasco December 24, 1926- December 28, 2009

No comments: