Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mamaw's Birthday







Last Saturday we celebrated my mamaw's birthday at the river. She received lots of good gifts and lots of loving from the kids. For 77 , she can still keep up with them great!
I have tons of childhood memories that involve my mamaw. I would spent nearly every weekend at her house and would've stayed through the week if my parents would've let me. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't then. Now as a parent the answer has become clear. Sydney would spend every night away from us if we would let her. We do let her stay with her grandparents alot but we want to spend time with her as well.
Mamaw lived on a dirt road and her mother lived right down the road from her and my aunt lived up the road. There is no telling how many times my cousins and I went up and down that road on our bikes.
I have so many memories but the best ones are her telling us stories of the Three Little Pigs and the Three Bears and scratching are backs as we went to sleep. She also makes the best chocolate gravy and biscuits. She would always let us help her cook too. Halle loves to help cook and I just smile when she does and remember when I was the same way. We loved outside and mamaw made work seem fun whether we were racking leaves or helping in the garden.
I'm so fortunate that I have so many grandparents around for my children to love. They, like I do, will remember these days forever!

No comments: