Friday, March 27, 2009

Ohhh Our Halle Grace







Yesterday Halle passed 100 book tests at school. She was so proud of herself as you can see! She wore her medal all evening. Her teacher gave her a dollar for the accomplishment also. You would have thought she had never seen a dollar in her life... We are so proud of her as well. She was only required to pass 50 for the year. She loves to read and is trying to see how many she can read in a year. Her goal was 100 before spring break which is next week. Now she is trying to just read the most books in her class.
She informed her dad and I that she needed a prize from us as well. I have a feeling that we are not going to get off with just a dollar.... oh and beware grandparents she has her hopes on everyone getting her something for the accomplishment.
The first picture is also from yesterday. On the days I pick her up from school we always have to go to the Shell and get her a snack. Even though she has just had a snack at school, we still go everytime. Yesterday she picked hawaiian punch and fun dip. I told her that she could not eat or drink that in the car, which you all can imagine went over well! So we get home and I tell her that she can't have them in the toy room either, which also went over well.... She says fine I'll just eat them outside.
I went on about my business which included baby stuff and checked on her about 5 minutes later. The picture is the way I found her.... She was sitting in the flower beds outside her toy room window. She had unlocked the window, raised it, turned the tv so she could see it, adjusted the volume so she could hear it, shut the toy room door so I couldn't hear it was up too loud, gotten her a chair from the playground, and was propped in that chair eating and drinking her food. When she saw me she just said, I told you I was going to eat outside and I didn't want to miss my cartoon..... What can you say to that?!?

1 comment:

Jami said...

Great reading and problem solving skills- I am so proud!!!