Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day Of 2nd Grade




Halle started her first day of 2nd grade today. She was very excited last night and this morning. She went right to bed last night and got up the first time I told her to this morning! We will see how long that lasts.... :)
Mrs. Terri Shelton is her teacher. Halle is very excited to have her as her teacher. Several of Halle's friends are in her class this year. She was ready to see them all this morning! She picked out of her clothes this morning which is beginning to be a big thing. She tells me that she is old enough to do this by herself now. She really wanted to wear her new high top shoes but was torn because she had gone with her Nana and Syd to get mani/pedis on Monday and really wanted to show her toes. I'm sure she will wear them tomorrow. They are quite the conversational piece! :) As always school traffic was crazy this morning. It always is for about the first two weeks. Some of the teachers were having to park on the side of the road because so many parents were getting out with their children. Halle said, "Wow, have we got that many new teachers?" I told her that no that was just the parents getting out. Halle said, "You are not going to do that, are you?!" I said no I didn't when you were in kindergarten nor 1st grade so why would I now! :) She has always been so independent! We are looking forward to a great year!



1 comment:

Lori Harper said...

What a cutie!!! She is going to steal many hearts! Abby Johnson is new this year at Dierks, she is in the third grade. She is my girls' stepsister.