Friday, August 21, 2009

Jury Still Out

Kalee
Carlee
So the jury is still out whether Carlee and Kalee are pacifier free yet or not..... I've been working hard mainly giving it to them during nap time and at night. Yesterday both did not need their pacifier for their morning nap. However I left them with nana when I went to pick Halle up from school yesterday and she gave in and gave it to them for their afternoon nap. To her credit, she did try not to give it to them mainly because I didn't take the pacifiers down to her (LOL) but she eventually ended up calling and saying that they had been screaming for quite some time and wanted to know where the pacifiers were. :) She said she gave the pacifiers to them and in two seconds they were both asleep.
Today at nap time I put both of them in their jumps as I always do at nap time and they went right to sleep with no pacifiers and little crying!!! We will see what happens tonight.... Last night Carlee went to sleep without hers but needed it during the night. Baby girls are getting there but I know it is just going to take time and a nana with a strong will!!! :)
In case any of our followers are wondering why I'm trying to take the twins pacifiers away this early, I will explain. I'm a hygienist who really doesn't want children with buck teeth. I've seen many children with this issue and who eventually end up in a habit appliance, which in case your wondering looks terrible and like torture. My philosophy is to take the pacifier away before they can really start asking for it and screaming, "I want my pacifier!"
By the way......How cute are they sleeping......


1 comment:

Casey said...

Precious...they look like their pretty mommy!