Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sick Baby Girl


Yesterday I took Carlee to the doctor because Sunday afternoon she woke up from her nap sounding like an old man who had been smoking for 50 years. Sunday night Jeffrey and I were up with both girls until the weeee hours of the morning. Kalee was restless because of her teeth and Carlee was having trouble breathing when I laid her down. Dr. Green came in to check her out and asked me her symptoms. I told him that it sounded to me like she had the croop. He listened to her and he said, "She has the croop." I should have been a doctor! :) He asked if she had ever had the croop before because once a child gets it they tend to get it every year. I was like well one of my children have had croop before but I wasn't sure she had. Bottom line is she has it.... Ms. Kay gave her a steroid shot and Dr. Green placed her on steroids for 3 days along with cough medicine. It is so strange how fast she became sick. Kalee was the one that ran fever for a couple of days but as of this posting she is fine. Now tomorrow I may have her at the doctor..... He said that it was contagious and with twins it is almost impossible to keep them apart..... Carlee weighed 23lbs 3 ozs.

No comments: