Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Poor Syd

Poor Syd...as if her week needed to get worse...She woke up this morning to her right ear draining. I'm talking the worst stuff you can imagine coming out of her ear. You know when you go to the doctor and they tell you that you have fluid build up on your ear thus you have an ear infection. Well that fliud is what comes out of your ears when you have tubes along with all the wax that's built up. Talk about gross. Remedy...put antibiotic drops in her ears twice a day for 7 days. Now ask me if she likes this. The last time her ear drained and we had to place drops she literally slept with her hands over her ears because she knew we were going to put them in while she was sleeping. She is very strong for a 2 year old. It took Jeffrey and I both holding her down. However, this morning when I put the drops in (luckily I had some left over) she did fine. Now I don't know if she had just forgotten how bad she disliked the drops or she was just being extra good this morning but she did fine with the first set. We did the whole lets put drops in Halle's ear and the babies' ears so she could see how easy it was. Anything it takes to get her to not scream. It worked like a charm this morning. We will see tonight how well she does. On top of all that, as if that wasn't enough, she cried wanting to stay with her nanna and not go to Ms. Jamie's for the first time this morning. I guess it was a combination of not feeling well and seeing the babies getting to stay with Nanna that didn't set well with her. I called Jeffrey and he said she didn't cry when he dropped her off so I did feel a little better. On a lighter note, she corrected me last night and told me she didn't have a black eye, she had a blue eye. Which bless her heart she is right. Her eye is blue and not black and if you really think about it all black eyes are blue not black so from now on we will call them blue eyes in our house, thanks to Syd. :)

No comments: