Monday, September 8, 2008

Syd's First Black Eye



In case we had any doubts left, Sydney truly is her daddy's child. Last night she was sitting on top of her Cinderella vanity and it tipped over with her. She hit the corner of the cabinet in the toy room. I was doing my many loads of laundry and heard Halle screaming come quick and Sydney crying. I rounded the corner to find Sydney holding her eye with blood coming down her face. I admit panicked a bit. She wouldn't let me look wanting me to hold her with her face buried in my shirt. Halle ran to get pawpaw so he could help me see. I was afraid it was cut deep enough to need stitches which thankfully was not the case. She just has a terrible looking black eye and looks just pitiful. She did cry for a long time and needed lots of cuddling. She soon recovered and said,"It's ok momma." ... Very funny because those of you who know her well know this is her response to things when she has done something bad. I'm hoping her eye gets well soon and thankful she wasn't hurt any worse.

2 comments:

Jami said...

These pictures make me want to cry. I hate that pitiful look on her face...poor baby!

Carissa said...

Oh, poor girl! That just breaks my heart. I'm sure I will see some of those in my house, too, so I better toughen up.